Test and Inspection
Our qualified team of engineers at Bexhill Electrical specialise in testing, inspection and reporting on domestic, commercial and industrial electrical systems. We have qualified engineers with experience in electrical inspection conditioned reporting.
Our reports are fully compliant with BS 7671 IEE wiring regulations 17th Edition 2008 and our engineers are annually assessed by the ECA. We also undertake Portable Appliance Testing (PAT), fire alarm and Emergency Lighting testing.
How often do I need an electrical condition report?
Although there is no law on how often these reports need to be carried out there are guidelines and it is generally the competent person’s decision on when they should be done. The guidelines on when these should be done are below.
- Domestic Installations – Change of occupancy or 10 years (Whichever is soonest)
- Residential Accommodation – Change of occupancy or 5 years (Whichever is soonest)
- Commercial Installations – Change of occupancy or 5 years (Whichever is soonest)
- Industrial Installations – 3 years
- Offices, Shops and Laboratories – 5 years